Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tim Tebow

Yup, it's true, we are Tim Tebow fans!  And like many others, we are fans of who he is as a person not just who he is on the football field.  Today, I am thankful for the example that he is to me and to my kids as well. 

Opening the sports section of the newspaper on any given day, one is bound to read about an athlete who is in trouble with the law.  And while they are the extreme, there are enough of them that we are pretty used to it by now.  Insert Tim Tebow.  While there are many other Christian pro athletes, Tim has been labeled as extreme.  And in the eyes of many, he is.  He continually puts others ahead of himself.  Most people view that as extreme.  He is unrelenting in giving glory to Jesus Christ for his accomplishments, taking none of the glory for what he does.  Again, many see this as extreme for anyone to do, let alone a pro athlete!  And yet it is what God calls each of us to do on a daily basis.  Whether we play in the NFL or are a teacher or work in the business world or are a stay-at-home mom, we are called to think of others before ourselves and to acknowledge God in all we do.  I know I need to be reminded of that, especially as I try to instill those values into my children.  I am thankful for the example that he sets, and to be able to use him as an example to my kids as I share with them some of the tangible, current things he does to live his life for Christ.  Is he perfect?  No!  Are any of us?  No!  But he does do admirable things. 

This morning, I read the following article, that once again highlighted some of what I described above.  Reilly: I believe in Tim Tebow  This world would be a better place if more people boldly lived out their faith as Tebow does. As I strive to do that, it is an encouragement to see someone who does so, when it would be so easy to take pride in himself and not live out his faith, especially given all the criticism he receives for doing so.  Thank you, Tim Tebow, for the example and encouragement you are!

1 comment:

  1. You should read up on his mom - a fellow Homeschool family.

    ReplyDelete