Thursday, January 12, 2012

Friends

Technically, I was supposed to post this yesterday, but oh well!!  The sentiment remains the same; I am grateful for friends!  While I don't think they are taken for granted by me, there are moments in life that remind you how important and special those friends are. 
Tuesday night Faith had Awana and Steve was at work.  Shane was still not feeling well enough to go, but I underestimated how sick he was still feeling!  Around dinner time I realized that he was going to need to go to bed - soon!!  So, I went on a frantic search for a babysitter to come over so I could leave Shane sleeping in bed when I had to pick Faith up at 8pm.  Everyone was busy.  On to the two neighbors we know.  Not available.  Time to be creative.  And by this time, we had brought Faith to Awana (Shane fell asleep in the car!) and come back home (again, he fell asleep!), and he was in bed sleeping at 6:10pm.  So I reached out to my local friends.  And it worked for a friend to come and sit at my house so I could pick up Faith.  What a relief!  And it was comforting to know that I have so many friends who would help as I know I would be willing do to the same for them.  At times, it can be challenging having no family members live nearby.  But that is where those quality friends act like family and help you in your moments of need!  I am so thankful for all my friends!  What a blessing each one is in my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment