Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Spontaneity!

I am the first to admit that flexibility/spontaneity don't exactly come easily to me!!  While motherhood has definitely helped me grow in my ability to be flexible, it still can be difficult at times!  So today I am grateful for a spontaneous moment we had this morning. 

On a typical morning, we go through our normal morning routine so that we can start school at 8:30am.  But upon waking this morning, Faith asked me to help her finish the puzzle we have been working on.  She received a 750 piece puzzle for Christmas, and we made great progress on it yesterday.  Even though I knew that finishing the puzzle would put us behind schedule for the day, I am glad that I had enough sense to say, "Sure Faith!!  Let's finish it!!" 

And we did!!  Since I really enjoy puzzles, the two of us had great fun working on this puzzle together!  It's a great reminder to me too that sometimes the schedule needs to be put on hold to have a special moment with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment