Monday, January 9, 2012

Fresh Starts

I love the idea of fresh starts.  And I love that each day is a fresh start in way, and that the beginning of each year can be one as well.  New goals.  A new chance to to do something better.  To me, each day and each year come with that feeling of refreshment.  While one still may have to deal with ramifications of past days or years, the newness brings excitement and hope. 

For me, today has a January 1 feel to it!  We are back from Michigan, the year has started, I am unpacked, the weekend is over, and I am ready to tackle all my goals for the new year!  Today is my fresh start for the year!  I even ate a salad for lunch!!  While I have many goals, hopes, and dreams for the upcoming year, I am excited to what it shall bring. 

One of my points of emphasis for 2012 is gratitude.  I want to find something each day for which to give thanks. It's not that I have been feeling ungrateful, but sometimes I get caught up in the busyness of the day and miss some of the small, yet significant joys in each day.  And I have decided to document those moments of thankfulness on the blog.  I contemplated creating a separate blog for it, but one of my other goals for the year is keeping things simple!  So for those readers who only like to see our family updates and pictures (I will still be doing those!!), you can bypass my gratitude posts!  But maybe it may cause others to find joy in the midst of every day life. For not every day is good, but there is some good in every day!

So on my January 1, 2012, I am grateful for a new year and a fresh start!

No comments:

Post a Comment