Wednesday, January 25, 2012

MOPS!

Today I am thankful for my MOPS group!  For those readers not in the know, MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers.  It is a world-wide organization that connects moms who have preschool aged and younger children.  And it really is a group for the moms as we have the chance to talk, eat breakfast together, and hear from a speaker while the kids enjoy playing in a nursery.  Since Faith was five months old, I have been involved in a local MOPS group.  It has blessed my life immensely as all of my close friends in Ventura are from MOPS!!  On my very first day attending MOPS, one of the moms at my table told me how great MOPS was and how all of her close friends were from MOPS.  Now, five years later, she is one of my closest friends!  Amazing how that works!

While I still need to be encouraged as a mom, what I love about MOPS now that I am the coordinator is hearing how much it blesses and encourages the moms in the group.  A number of moms shared with me this morning at our meeting how much they need MOPS and how it is just such a great thing in their life.  I am so thankful for what this group means to me, and what it means to so many moms throughout the entire world!

No comments:

Post a Comment