Friday, January 27, 2012

Homemade Applesauce!


One of the things I "discovered" this winter was a recipe for applesauce in the crock pot!  Since I just love to use the crock pot (a necessity with young kids in my opinion!!), finding the recipe was a treasure.  Then, when both of the kids just loved the finished product, it became a staple in our house.  I love that it is easy to make, provides a fruit side dish for dinner when fresh fruit is more pricey, and that it makes my whole house smell just fab the day I make it! 

Today was one of those more challenging days with the kids.  Shane in particular was pretty grouchy, and it just made for a long day.  Having the fragrant applesauce filling the house helped make the day just a little brighter!  Once again, it often is those little things in life that add a little sparkle to a day! Today I am grateful for easy, crock pot applesauce!


For those who are curious, this is the recipe that I make!

CROCK POT APPLESAUCE

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1612,159177-247203,00.html
Content Copyright © 2012 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
10 lg. cooking apples, peeled, cored & sliced or cut in chunks
1/2 c. water
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 to 1 c. sugar

Put all ingredients into crock pot. Should be about 3/4 full. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours (high 3 to 4 hours).

No comments:

Post a Comment