Thursday, February 2, 2012

Something To Look forward To!

Every now and then, we all need something to look forward to!  For me, having date night coming up or a night out with friends does wonders!!  Sometimes I feel like our days tend to blend together, and I need to give the kids something small, yet fun to look forward to!  The past couple of days haven't been too exciting around here as Shane was sick with a cold (yes, again!!!), and Faith had a mild cold as well.  With Steve at work today, I knew we needed something fun to spark our day!  So, I told the kids in the morning that tonight we were going to have a little party!!

We would be able to watch Duke basketball on television (yes, this is exciting for the kids and I as we all love Duke, plus we don't get to see too many of the games!!), and they could help me make something special and fun for dinner!

Pizza English muffins!  They are excited to have the opportunity to make their own pizzas, and it gave us all something to point to the whole day.  I am thankful today for the opportunity to do little, fun things with the kids!  And I am thankful that something as simple as basketball and pizza makes us all happy and excited!  Let's Go Duke!!

No comments:

Post a Comment