Monday, February 6, 2012

Great Weekend!



I slacked in my daily postings!!  It is not from a lack of gratitude, but from battling a cold (not so fun) and a lack of computer time, which isn't such a bad thing!  This past Saturday, Steve and I attended a Firefighters for Christ Marriage Seminar.  Not knowing exactly what to expect, I must say that it was better than anticipated!  It was very well run and organized, and there were some great speakers.  And while I am thankful for all those things, what I am really thankful for is my husband, and also that he likes to go to these events.  We have also attended two Weekend to Remember marriage events, which also were outstanding.  But back to Steve...I am so thankful for the man he is, the husband he is, and the father he is.  While of course not perfect, I greatly appreciate his diligent work at work and around our house, the leadership he provides for our family, the opportunity for me stay home with the kids, his strong commitment to God, that he still regularly takes me out on dates, and his thoughtfulness.  I really could go on and on as he is an extraordinary man, and I am humbled to be his wife and grateful that I am loved by him! 

Oh, the picture is of everyone who attended the seminar!  It was the first one, but they plan to do them annually! 

No comments:

Post a Comment