Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Healthy Treat

I try to have my kids eat healthy foods, but without being totally crazy and deprive them of treats here and there.  When I found these Energy Bites on Pinterest, I just had to try them!  The kids loved them!  And I thought they were very good too! 

There is no baking involved, so they can be made quickly.  And Faith even helped me!  I also loved that you can add extra things to the recipe - I added dried cranberries!  So today I am thankful for the moments when healthy things taste good, and that my kids love eating them!!

Here is the recipe!

No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
  • 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Method:
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment