Friday, February 17, 2012

Mom-Time

As a busy mom, sometimes it can be a challenge to fit in the things that I need to do.  And sometimes it is easy to let go of the things that we think we don't have time for - like Bible study!  But yet it is so important to have a community of fellow believers with whom to study, talk, receive encouragement, and just be around!!  Enter Mom-Time!  My good friend Julie discovered this great book and Bible study written by Lisa Whelchel (Blair from the Facts of Life!).  It is a Bible study designed for busy moms!!!  Perfect!  There is no homework, just show up and discuss that topic for the week.  It also includes the four Fs - food, fun, fellowship, and faith.

Over the past few years, my friend Julie has hosted a number of these mom-time Bible studies.  She started another one last night, and I realized once again how much I NEED this!  For me, it is not enough just to read my Bible daily, go to church weekly, but I need to be studying the Word as well with a group!  I am thankful that Julie has this desire too and is so willing to host one of these studies!  And as part of the four Fs, I did mention fun, which it is!!  Each study is designed for an hour of learning (and eating dessert!!), and then an hour to play a game!  It is just a fun way to get together with other women.  I am looking forward to the next few weeks of my Mom-Time Bible study!  And I am so grateful for mom-time!

No comments:

Post a Comment