Sunday, February 19, 2012

Growing up!

My kids are growing up!  I know, shocking! But sometimes they just seem to grow faster than others!  This past weekend has been a "they are growing up so fast!!" kind of weekend!  And while I will admit that sometimes this makes me a bit sad (like thinking that there will come a day when they wont want to sit on my lap anymore!!), tonight I am choosing to look at it as the wonderful thing that it is!!

On Saturday Shane discovered how to swing on his own!  I was in shock!  It is a wonderful thing, especially for the boy who loves to swing!, and it is exciting that he can do so without the constant need for a parent to push him!!

More swinging!  The boy just has to keep up with that big sister of his!

Another major moment - one that has been building for a little while now - is that Faith is all out reading now!  She is amazing!  And it was so cute yesterday as the two kids sat together on the couch and Faith read books to Shane!  She is very blessed with a quick ability to learn! 

I am so thankful for my two amazing kids, and I am grateful that they are each growing and developing!  What a gift it is to have them, and to have them meet milestones and develop as they should!  Since I know I sometimes take that for granted, tonight I will celebrate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment