Saturday, March 3, 2012

When things don't go as planned!

Today didn't go exactly as planned.  The kids and I have been planning all week for a Big Blue Party today as Duke (one of our favorite basketball teams) was playing against their big rival, North Carolina.  Earlier this season when these two teams met, Duke one on a three point basket at the buzzer!  We were anticipating another great game!  Since Steve would be working, we wanted to do something fun that we could look forward to and that would enhance our game watching experience.  Thus, the Big Blue Party.  The kids and I brainstormed about what blue foods we could have, and Faith helped me shop for our blue menu items. 

Above is part of our spread - blue finger jello, blueberries, and blue chips!  And Shane was hiding from the camera!


As the game tipped off, Duke did not get off to a very good start, and was behind, by a lot!, from the beginning!  So our Big Blue Party started to lose some of its luster.  And then this...

Shane fell asleep on me while watching the game!  And even though our game watching didn't go as planned as I silently did some fist pumps at the small surge Duke mounted at the beginning of the second half, I wouldn't have traded the moment of Shane sleeping on me for the world!  What a rare treat to have this 3 1/2 year old little boy fall asleep on me! 

So often life works out better when it doesn't go according to our plans!  And tonight I am thankful for those moments when it doesn't - when it turns out better!


No comments:

Post a Comment