Thursday, April 7, 2011

Trip to Atlanta

The lack of blog posts in the past few days is not a result of nothing happening with us, but a result of me being in Atlanta!!  My younger sister Betsy lives in Atlanta, and so I went to visit her.  My parents drove down as well as we had tickets to The Masters - the biggest golf tournament of the year.  It was a wonderful weekend of spending time with part of my family, seeing Atlanta, eating out, shopping, and just changing up the routine!  And while I missed Steve and the kids deeply, it was great to getaway for a few days and come back recharged in my role as mom!  Since Betsy will also be moving this summer to Ann Arbor, MI to attend grad school at U of M, it was extra fun to visit Atlanta again as it may never happen again!

This is Betsy and I at a fun restaurant called Dante's.  They specialize in fondue, which was tons of fun, and the atmosphere added to the experience!  There was a ship in the middle!  A meal not soon to be forgotten!

On Monday Betsy had to work, so my parents and I went to the Georgia Aquarium, which is located in downtown Atlanta.  What a beautiful and fun place to visit!  I loved seeing all the different fish!  I am in front of a tropical reef.

A cool looking shark! 

This picture was taken on Betsy's front porch.  She lives in a very fun area called Inman Park.  Many old houses there are being restored, and there are quite a few restaurants to walk to as well as cute little shops.  We stopped for this pic before heading off to an amazing steak dinner!

The highlight of the trip, other than just being with family, was going to Augusta National for the Masters.  Because it was so spectacular, I will do a post just about that soon!

1 comment:

  1. Where are the J and the E?! looks like SO much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete