Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Break & Potty Training

The schools in our area are on Fall Break.  Even the preschools!  Faith was a little disappointed when I told her there was no school all week, but when I promised we could do some school-type things at home she felt much better about it!  Of course she held me to that, and so we did some work in one of her work books of writing letters and numbers!

  Since we are home all week with nothing on the schedule (no swimming, no MOPS because of the fall break), I decided it would be a great week to potty train Shane!  He has been showing an interest for quite some time, and to be honest, I have been putting it off because I didn't want to put the time into just staying at home for 4-5 days to train him!  But yesterday I figured this was as good as week as any as we wouldn't even need to leave the house to do the drop offs and picks from school if we didn't want to!  The undies were bought (Toy Story and Cars, of course!), the Pull-ups were bought for naps and nighttime (I tackle one training at a time!), and I made sure we had some chocolate in the house for me! 

Reflecting on Day one of potty training, Shane did really well!  I wont go into detail for fear of sending him into therapy when he can read this some day and realizes that I posted all the details of his training, but we were proud of him.  And by we, I am referring to myself and Faith, who served as his cheerleader today!  Steve is proud too, but was working today!  It was cute to see Faith encouraging Shane, cheering for him when he went, and just becoming so excited each time the "potty song" came on and it was time to run to the bathroom!  Here are a few pictures from the day...

The little man swingin' away in his undies!

And Faith!  What can I say?  Since we didn't leave the house, I gave her the option to stay in her pajamas if she wanted.  Then she decided to add the hat and glasses to go outside!  She thoroughly enjoyed her 'jama day!  Oh, and a side note...Shane is not freezing being outside in just undies!  It was pretty warm today, and so Faith was overdressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment