Monday, August 1, 2011

Soccer Camp!

This morning Faith began her "training camp" for her upcoming AYSO soccer season!  Actually, it was more like an introduction to soccer for her before her actual season begins!  For three hours today she learned the basics of how to kick the ball, kicking in a certain direction, and some basic soccer concepts - all while having great fun!  The above picture was taken before we left.  I call it her "intimidation" picture, but I think it was more of an "I don't want to smile...I'm a little worried" picture! 


And this was the scene about five minutes before we were supposed to leave!  After getting everything and everyone ready to go this morning to leave the house by 8:25 am, Faith was crying and claiming she did not want to go!  My initial reaction was to be mad and ask her if she knew how much money I spent on the camp and all of her new soccer accessories - real quality mom stuff!  Thankfully, I remembered a wise, more experienced mother shared with me the importance of asking why in situations such as this.  So, that is what I did.  It turned out that her shoes were hurting her.  And while I still thought she was acting crazy, I mentioned that maybe we could try taking them off and trying to make them more comfortable.  As we did so, what did we find in the cleat?  Paper still jammed into the top of one cleat!!  No wonder they were hurting her!!  So we both laughed, put it back on, and Faith was all smiles and excited once again about soccer camp!  What a relief!  The report after camp was that she had a blast!  She can't wait to go again tomorrow, and in her own words, "I did really well today!"  

Shane's big excitement for the day was swim lessons!  Since Faith was a little tired this afternoon, he was able to have a full lesson all by himself today, which he loved!

And we ended our day with a pancake and pj party for dinner!  Not too bad for a Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment