Sunday, August 28, 2011

August Havasu Trip

We are back and getting settled back into "normal" life again after a great week of vacation at Lake Havasu!  This was a special trip as my family (parents and siblings) joined us for the first time ever at the lake!  We had a great time, despite extreme heat!  The water was refreshing - both the lake and the pool - and the time together was just great!  The new-to-us boat ran really well, as it was the first time we took it out into the water.  And it was the most fun I have ever seen our kids have in the water.  Faith has loved the water for a couple years now, but this was the trip that Shane really had a great time swimming!  Those swim lessons are sure paying off!!  Seeing the kids have so much fun and be able to play together in the water was just a delight!

Faith enjoyed having her friend Delaynee there once again!  They had a blast swimming together!

In the pool Shane loved to jump in off the edge!  He literally did it hundreds of times! 

Early on in the trip there was a nice breeze, which made it great for flying kites!  A big thank you to Laurie Van Hofwagen (our friend Jayne's sister) for buying each of the kids a kite! 

The boat in the water.  We took the boat for dinner one night across the lake at Havasu Springs, and we also rode on the river to Moabi for lunch!  It was great fun!  Also, Faith and I enjoyed being pulled in a tube behind the boat.  And Betsy, Carol, and I took tube rides as well!

The "kids" in my family enjoying a dinner out!  Sitting across from Steve and I are my brother Dave, his girlfriend Carol, and my sister Betsy.

Betsy and Faith were buddies all week!  Faith especially loved playing on Betsy's iPad!  Apparently Aunt Betsy has very cool games that my iPad does not!  But Faith told me maybe I could get the cool games for my birthday!

Shane swimming with his floaties!  He loved the freedom they gave him! 

One of our new traditions is going to the Black Bear Diner in Lake Havasu on our way home.  We were seated by these bears, which the kids thought were for climbing!

My beautiful girl!  Picture taken by Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment