Monday, March 28, 2011

Birthday Weekend

While I usually try to keep the blog about the kids or our family as a whole, I am going to break from that a bit in showcasing this past weekend which included my birthday!  Steve and the kids helped make my day very special and memorable.  One of the things in life that always seems to surprise me is how excited the kids are for birthdays.  Of course they are beyond excited for their own big day, but the genuine excitement that they have for another person's birthday is just sweet to me!  Maybe it's just because they love cake so much, but I am going to enjoy these moments! 

On Saturday afternoon I left to run some errands.  Upon arriving back home, Steve had cupcakes, with a lit candle in one!, out along with a card and gift for me.  I was really surprised!  And of course I loved it!!  It was a fun way to celebrate.  He also took me out on Friday night and made dinner Saturday night!  What a great guy!

Since Steve had to work on Sunday (the actual birthday), the kids and I went to Steve's mom's house to celebrate my birthday, Steve's brother Russ', and our brother-in-law Joe's birthday. 
Shane and Uncle Joe had lots of fun together!

Puzzle master Faith beginning her 150 piece puzzle

The masterpiece is finished!  And she did a majority of it on her own!!

Shane claimed he needed to check his email!

Here the kids are at Steve's firestation!  We stopped by on our way back home.  They enjoyed eating some dinner and watching tv!  They also played basketball, which was really fun! When we first arrived, Steve was out on a call, so we walked to get some ice cream! 
A highlight each time for the kids is seeing daddy slide down the pole!

This is them watching Steve!!  So cute!

A March Madness update...it looks like Shane is going to be the winner!!  He picked Kentucky to win it all, and no one else has any teams left in the final four!  Way to go little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment