Monday, December 6, 2010

Tis the Season...


Tis the season to put up the Christmas tree!  This is a picture of our tree that was put up this past weekend.  I just love having the tree up and the house decorated!  For me, it adds just an extra bit of excitement to the whole day!  It even makes Faith's 6am wake up call a bit less painful as one of the first things we do is turn on the tree and the other lights in the living room!   Of course we are enjoying other people's decorations as well.  As we drive at night and see a house with some lights, the kids have continued the tradition they started last year of yelling "Lights!!!!"  And Faith has even started noticing houses that have lights up while we drive around town during the day.  She lets me know that we should come back at night so we can see them then!  We are also preparing for our Christmas baking.  We have many supplies in the house to make some scrumptious things!

Tis the season also for catching the local colds!  Both kids had minor colds over the last week, and each came down with a low-grade fever for a day or so too.  While I never enjoy seeing the kids sick, I do admit to loving the extra cuddle time that accompanies the sickness!  Yesterday Faith even fell asleep while she was sitting on my lap on the couch!  I don't think that has happened since she was a baby!  And while she napped, I was able to sit and read books with Shane, which also was so great!  They are both feeling much better today!

No comments:

Post a Comment