Friday, June 19, 2009

We've joined the world of blogging...



For years now I've been asked the frequent question of whether or not we have a blog. And while I love reading what others post, seeing the pictures, I was reluctant to start my own. But here I am, starting what I hope will be a regular glimpse into the Poelstra family!

For Steve's birthday, Faith and I took him to Bakersfield to visit the Crystal Palace. The Crystal Palace is where Buck Owens (country music star from the 50's and 60's) used to play, and is now home to the Buck Owens museum and is a restaurant. Because Faith is the biggest little Buck Owens fan, we were excited to take her there! So we went and had dinner, saw all the Buck memorabilia, and stayed for the live band to let Faith do some dancing! It was a great trip. Faith absolutely loved it, and she keeps talking about how Bakersfield is her favorite place! And Shane was able to have some quality time at home with Grandma B as she was visiting from Michigan.

Shane will be 11 months old on Monday, which is hard to believe! He continues to grow, develop, and get into everything! With an adventurous personality, contrasting his cautious sister, I am finding myself having to watch his every move! Shane loves to play in the swing outside, pull himself up on anything he can scoot to, and eat! I think he would eat all day if I let him!



2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I am so excited about catching up with your life more often!! You are such a fun mom and do so much with your kiddos! :) But we really, really need to all get together soon. I'll work on that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa!
    You have encouraged me to return to mine that I never write on! Its fun! Love yours, so cute!
    Julie xox

    ReplyDelete