Friday, June 26, 2009

I see a six!

While I am a huge fan of early bedtimes (both kids go to bed at 7:00 p.m.), one of the downsides is that Faith and Shane tend to get up earlier than I would choose to get up! Faith generally wakes up between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m., but every once in a great while, it's earlier than that! It was on one of those extra early mornings that I invoked the rule that the digital clock needs to begin with a six before she can get up. On most mornings the pitter patter of little feet running into our room and the exclamation of "I see a six!" is what wakens me. Today was not one of those days. Today, what I heard was, "Where did the six go?" While I was really hoping that the reason there was no six was because it was seven, I knew in the back of my head that when I opened my eyes I would see a five! And sure enough, it was 5:30 a.m. So I sent those little feet back to her bed hoping for at least a few more minutes of sleep before the day began! And thankfully Faith went back without a complaint and without waking her brother.


Faith enjoys reading, especially in the mornings!

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh when I read this post...sounds very cute, but I know for you, it must be frustrating...I know how important sleep is!! But, I must say you are lucky that they sleep for 11 hours straight through...that is surely a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete