Wednesday, December 14, 2011

First Skating Party

Last night was the Christmas Party for Awana, and it took place at Skating Plus.  That's right - we went roller skating!!  Since neither Faith nor Shane had ever laced up some roller skates before, I was not sure what the evening would hold!  But much to my surprise, they did very well!  Steve was able to come with us, and I was so thankful as it was such a huge help to have one parent for each beginning skater at the start of the evening!!

This is a glimpse of a very unsteady Shane attempting to practice on the carpet before hitting the rink!  Based on how that went, I didn't think the night would go so well!  And even after the first lap, I was worried!  Steve and I stayed in our shoes, and walked with the kids on the skating rink to help them.

But it didn't take too long and they got the hang of it!  Yeah!!  They were both able to skate without holding onto us for dear life!  Shane was really funny to watch as he would move his arms as though he was running!

Faith even entered a skating race!  It was for girls ten and under, so while she was far from winning, she did it all on her own and didn't fall!

Little man was very serious!  Check out those cute arms!

Our little skaters!  They had so much fun and were asking when they could go again!  I love the skeptical look on Shane's face! 

No comments:

Post a Comment