Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Shane!!

Shane - wearing Buzz pjs and rescuing Buzz from the drawer!

Tomorrow my little boy will celebrate a birthday!!  Yes, Shane (aka little man, Shane-man, little rascal, Shane dude, little monkey) is going to be two!  It's hard to believe that two years ago at this time, we still didn't even know whether we were having a boy or a girl, and had no idea what he or she would be like!  Many people told us that kids in the same family can be very different from each other, but it was hard for us to fully comprehend.  And then Shane was born.  Right from the start, we observed a mellow, laid-back, sweet little boy, and that is exactly what he is.  Well, he's become a little less mellow as of late; he is after all almost two! 

As I watch him become more of a toddler every day, it's exciting to see him and grow and develop, but I also like to hang on to those moments when he wants me to hold him and just sit and cuddle.  Those "baby" moments are becoming fewer and fewer in between, which is a good thing I keep telling myself, but they can still be hard to let go of for this mama!  But tonight I choose to celebrate what he is and what he is becoming...a little boy who talks all the time (and can say the cutest things!), is surprisingly very polite, insists on having a hug and kiss before going to be each night, and already appears to be thoughtful.  I am grateful each day for the blessing that Shane is to our family.  God is so good to us!  Thank you for our little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment