Friday, June 25, 2010

Vacation Bible School


This week we spent our mornings in the rain forest...Son Quest Rain forest that is!  The kids and I all participated in the Vacation Bible School at the church where we go to Sunday school and Faith goes to preschool.  It was tons of fun, educational (for Faith), and it has worn us all out!  Each day Shane has taken a great nap, and both kids have not uttered a noise when put to bed at 7:00 pm!  Here's another pic of the little Shane man!

While Faith's favorite part was learning the songs (not a big surprise!), she also enjoyed the crafts, stories, and snacks!  Shane was able to play in the nursery with some of his friends from church.  He also was able to have some song time and lots of playing outside, which he always loves.  As for me, my mornings were spent in the kitchen!  I worked with a group of other moms to make snacks each day for all of the kids, the student helpers, and the teachers.  I was envisioning setting out some fruit, cheese and crackers, and maybe even some pretzels, but I soon learned that at VBS, there is a whole lot more to snack time!  Throughout the week we made grilled cheese, pigs in the blanket, bacon wrapped dates (for the adults!), and Cinnamon rolls for over 200 people!  And of course they did get some fruit and cheese and crackers in addition to those things!  And then each class ate at a different time, so we would create, serve, clean up, and then start the process over again.  I did enjoy myself, and I am thankful that I was able to have such a great group with which to work!  We now look forward to seeing Faith and her other VBS friend sing during the church service on Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment