Monday, September 28, 2009

The latest...

Once again, it has been quite some time since the last post! And as always, I am going to blame the busyness of life as of late! For myself, things have been extra busy as I prepare for the upcoming MOPS year to begin. MOPS stands for Mothers Of PreSchoolers, and I am serving as the coordinator of our local group this year. While it is lots of fun, and I am enjoying it, all the work to get the year off and running has lead to more meetings and time spent on organizing things like kickoff BBQs! So that is what I have been up to!

Shane continues to work on walking and talking. He walks about as much or as little as he chooses. He can definitely do it, but at times prefers to crawl as he is so quick at crawling! And I think his vocabulary grows by the day. He keeps us on our toes as he is into literally everything! If we can't find something, all we have to do is look in the trash and we find that Shane has thrown it in there! He also has become quite the little dancer, which is very fun to watch. And he has his favorite songs!

Here's the little guy acting like a little character!
As I mentioned being busy with MOPS, one of the very fun things I was able to do for MOPS was travel to Nashville for the annual MOPS convention. About 4000 MOPS moms were renewed and refreshed at the convention. I attended with two of my good friends. It was great fun! And my mom was there as well as she is a mentor mom in the MOPS group at her church!

My friends Julie and Melissa and I at dinner in Nashville

While in Nashville, I was able to meet up with some of my roommates from college! We had not seen each other in over 4 years!! It was so wonderful to spend time with them and catch up with them!!!

Faith continues to love preschool and swimming lessons. We continue to be amazed at the transformation that her swim teacher has done! Faith now retrieves rings from the bottom of the pool, jumps off the edge, and attempts to actually swim! We are so grateful she is doing so well and enjoying it so much.

Those are the things she dives down for!

Here she is floating on her back with the help of her teacher

1 comment: