Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Walking on Water


Faith is absolutely loving VBS! It's called Son Rock Kids Camp, and everything is decorated to create a camping adventure. Each day when I sign Faith in, I am given a flier with the highlights of the Bible story the kids will be taught that day, the memory verse they will learn, and questions to ask Faith at home. In addition we were given a CD with all the songs that they will be learning. And the songs are good! Of course, Faith wants to listen to the CD over and over again, but I don't mind because it is really well done! I even find myself singing along. It has been a great experience for all involved! I'm sure all the other VBS's do these same types of things, but as this is our experience, it's all new, exciting, and impressive! The Bible stories so far have been about Jesus and Peter - the fishers of men story and walking on the water. I share this because of what happened this afternoon...



Upon request, I set up Faith's water table for her. As I came back outside from grabbing a towel, Faith was not only in her water table, but she was standing up in it! My "safety alarm" immediately went off, and I asked Faith, "What are you doing??!" She looked at me and said, "I'm trying to walk on water like Jesus and Peter." I was so surprised by her response, and was happy that she remembered the Bible stories she was learning, I smiled and went back in to get the camera!

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome story! Aren't kids amazing? They actually did the same VBS at our church in Jacksonville earlier this summer.It was defnitely a hit and I can still hum the tune of the theme song because of how catchy it was when they sang it in church! So happy that you guys are doing well! Matt however isnt as impressed and says he is going to report you to child protective services, but I will do what I can to convince him otherwise! :)
    Have a great time in Michigan!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete